Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Drops


I cannot stop bragging about how good these cookies are! Seriously, ask Bryce! Here is the recipe from my cookie book Grandma Bush got me for Christmas. I am having a lot of fun experimenting with different cookies from this book, although it is not very good for my diet!

2 c and 1 T flour
1 c blueberries
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter, softened
1 egg
1 t grated lemon peel
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Heat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In small bowl, combine 1 T flour and blueberries. Toss to coat. Set aside.

In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg, peel and juice. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour and dry ingredients. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Gently fold in blueberries.

Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 in. apart. Bake 11 -13 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. I will be up soon so have some ready for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I tried it. I don't know if I did it right since the dough was very dry, but I added some milk and they turned out looking like english scones. I did like them though. Colten loves them so we will make them again. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...