Happy five months! I love my Macy so much! I'm up to my elbows in love with her. She is so much fun to be around and smiling a whole lot! I still can't get a laugh out of her that often. Last month it was trying to get her to sleep but this month is Operation-Get-Macy-To-Laugh!! I play peek-a-boo, tickle her toes, thighs, tummy, blow raspberries on her neck, sing silly songs, make funny noises, and I get toothless grins, grunts, squeals, big smiles, but no giggles.
Macy is sleeping! About 12 hours at night with 2 feedings and about 3-4 naps a day. It makes for a happy baby and a happy mama. We had to let her cry it out for a while to get her to learn how to fall asleep. Before, she could only fall asleep once she was completely full. And now she knows its time to sleep when she gets wrapped up and put in her crib. Her favorite spot in her crib is the upper left corner. If she is anywhere else, she rolls to her tummy, gets stuck and won't fall asleep. She loves rolling over to her left side, sucking on her left hand, and cozying up to the soft crib bumper.
Her Grandpa is happy because she could be a lefty like him! She prefers her pointer and middle finger on the left hand and her thumb on the right hand.
This baby is a piggy! She is eating rice cereal 1-2 times a day. Macy is really getting the hang of it. But we still have to work on some things. She will suck on her fingers in between almost every bite and tilts her head up way high. It gets SO messy. I'm gonna have to make some more bibs since we're going through 2 a day! I also love to put her in her highchair so she learns to sit up better. I made a little bumper pillow to support her in the chair for now.
She can't sit up without some support, but she is pretty content on her tummy propped up by her arms. She's playing with her toys more often and by playing I mean sucking on them. Everything she sees and can get in her hands goes straight to her mouth. I don't know if she is teething but she does suck on her fingers a lot and drools, but I can't feel any teeth yet.
Macy has found her feet! She is constantly reaching for them and trying to bring them to her mouth to suck on. Even when I pick her up, she is awkwardly holding her feet. She does it so often she has a lot of scratches on her legs from trying to get to her toes. It also makes changing her diaper and clothes a lot harder because she's either reaching for her toes or trying to rollover.
Macy and I like to have picnic's outside on the back porch for lunch and she loves it. And I love it being spring and taking her outside. She looks so beautiful with the sun on her!! Her hair a little reddish and her blue, blue eyes sparkling. She is the most beautiful baby in the whole world and I can't believe she's mine!! I love you Macy!
I love this blog. You are doing such a great job of keeping it up.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and blog. Only missing a picture of Aubrey. All the pictures are so cute. :) Thanks for posting, Auntie Helen
ReplyDelete