Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Exercise

So I have lost a little weight. I don't want to say how much I weigh because I still think it is too much and I am way self-conscious. But I will say I am 15 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant. Woot! Go me! I want to blog about it because I want to be held accountable for my new years goal which I am just 5 lbs away from... but secretly I want to lose a little more than that too.

I really let myself go during my pregnancy and wish I hadn't. I gained way too much weight! My biggest piece of advice to anyone getting pregnant is to get in really good shape before and during their pregnancy. It will just help you feel so much better after you have your baby if you are still in ok shape. It will take time though! Especially with a c-section -- it was 2 months before I could do a sit-up again since they literally cut through my muscles. I remember it burned so bad just trying to sit-up in bed. I still don't feel like I have the same body I used to and can do the same things but I am getting way better.

I have mostly been working out at home using youtube during Macy's naps. Sometimes I run and push Macy around in her stroller. I am kind of getting bored though and am open to any suggestions if have any for me!! Trying to decide whether or not to get a gym membership...

These are the YouTube videos I like:

Cardio Insanity!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6i02E0hRQM

Rapid Cardio Burn!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N0nnjZyC0o

I am also doing this BeFit in 90 Challenge
http://www.youtube.com/user/befitin90?feature=results_main
but I am not very impressed with it. If I only did this program, I don't think I would lose any weight. I am on day 61 but I usually only do their weight-training videos.

At the beginning, I did Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Cardio Circuit Workouts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEwjYPgkWw
These were a good place for me to start and I love Jillian!

I am really into doing interval cardio workouts. I heard on TV to sprint from mailbox to mailbox. I love this and wish I had thought of doing this before. I did cross country my senior year in high school and I don't like running..but I do it. I hate it when people say I love to run. Like really, do they really love it? Because to me, its not what I would love to do in my free time. Anyways, this advice really made me like my run a lot better!

So I hope to have another post about losing more weight before the end of the year. And if I don't, you should ask me about it so I can be motivated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...